The reflections on the Enkindle Family Scriptures Reflections podcast are usually centered around the Catholic liturgical calendar. And while the liturgy itself is centered around certain cyclic themes, each of the reflections has a particular focus or topic of interest. This page contains a listing of a variety of topics, with links to Enkindle reflections that touch on that topic.
Sacraments and Feasts
These reflections focus on the meanings of the various liturgical feasts and holy days, or discuss the Sacraments of the Church.
- Pentecost 2020, Pentecost 2021, Pentecost 2022
- The Eucharist – Feast of Corpus Christi 2020, Feast of Corpus Christi 2022
- The Blood of Jesus – Corpus Christi 2021
- Epiphany of the Lord
- Epiphany of the Lord 2020
- Epiphany of the Lord 2021
- Epiphany of the Lord 2023, Epiphany is about encountering and responding to the Lord.
- Christmas 2020, Christmas 2021, Christmas 2022
- Divine Mercy 2021
- Easter 2021
- Easter 2022 – Jesus comes to us wherever we are, and that recognizing his resurrection can ignite us to live a transformed life.
- Nourish at His Table – follow the example of Peter to respond to the Lord’s invitation to nourish at his table in the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
- Christ The King, 2022 In this reflection for the Solemnity of Christ the King, Adam Novotny reminds us that Chris is a King, and that his kingdom transfers to us, whom he loves.
Discipleship and Evangelization
Reflections to inspire you to follow the Lord closer and to share his love
- Sharing your Talents
- Learn to Hear the Voice of God
- Willing to be Last
- The Law
- Two Coins
- Above All
- Everything is Not Enough
- No Benchwarmers
- Heroes in His Church
- To the Brim – follow the example of Jesus and fill yourself to the brim with the goodness and truth of Scripture
- Generosity First – as a family, our first reaction or first response should be generosity, even when it’s hard.
- Don’t Play it Safe – Do something crazy as you follow Jesus
Reflections about our feelings and how they relate to our faith
- Ridiculously Generous
- Unsensible Joy
- Deeper Joy – the thing that brings us the greatest joy is the love of Jesus.
Reflections for when you need a little encouragement to keep you going.
- Rest in the Lord
- Be Filled by Christ
- Jesus Has the Power
- Calming the Storms
- The Hard Way
- Spiritual Battle
- All In It With You – Jesus is the Good Shepherd, and that he is with us in whatever suffering we’re enduring.
- Still With Us – the same Jesus that spent his days teaching his disciples and ascended into Heaven is still with us, in our hearts and especially in the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
- New Hearts – Fr. Erik Arnold encourages us to bring the wounded parts of our hearts that come out during times of stress and tribulation to him, to ask for healing so that we may bear good fruit in our lives.
- Sacrifice – Dr. Ansel Augustine asks us the question: what are we willing to sacrifice for? Jesus looks at his disciples to make sure they understand that there will be times when they too will suffer because they follow him.
Reflections for when you’re not sure where you’re headed.
- No Duds in God’s Word
- Mustard Seed to Kingdom
- Growing in Faith and Trust
- Worth Every Step
- Gift of Faith
- Small Seeds and Big Plans
- Open Our Eyes
- Liar, Lunatic, or Lord?
- Don’t Listen to the Crowd
Reflections on the family.
- A Family Promise
- Family Style
- Bear with One Another
- Love, Multiplied – God himself is a family and he wants to be at work within our human families.
Reflections for when when you’re afraid or anxious.
- The Power of Forgiveness
- Love Like Jesus
- Greatest of All Gifts – as St. Thomas Aquinas says, reconciliation with God is the greatest of his miracles, even greater than creation itself.
The Holy Spirit
Reflections about the Holy Spirit, the third person in the Holy Trinity.
- Power of the Spirit – the the Holy Spirit is the gift of life that empowers us to come to life in the ways that God intended for us as his children.
Reflections about God’s love for us, or how we can love our neighbor.
- A Strong Foundation
- Love Like Jesus
- A Father’s Love
- This is the Way
- The More than Good Shepherd
- Love on Purpose
- God So Loved
- Kingdom of Love
- All You Need is Love
- Supernatural Love – in order to follow the Lord’s command to love one another, we must first allow ourselves to be transformed by the power of HIS love.
- Even Closer – throughout the history of mankind, God has come after us so that he could be living with us, even inside of us.
Reflections on Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- Feast of the Assumption 2020
- Mary, Mother of God 2023, 2021
- Feast of the Assumption 2021
- Awake to God
- Everything to Jesus
The Meaning of Life
Reflections centered around the miracles of Jesus.
Mission and Purpose
Reflections on the parables of Jesus
Reflections on prayer, meditation, and contemplation.
Reflections on God’s plan of salvation for us.
- Better than Animal Crossing
- Be Filled by Christ
- Jesus Changes Everything
- Believe in the Gospel
- Part of the Story
- Worth the Cost
- Ultimate Crossover Event
- And Yet I Still Love You – Jesus died on the cross for each of us, and despite knowing that our sins led him to his death, he loves us still and looks at us with love and forgiveness.
- Home Matters – we are just passing through this world on our journey toward our true home: in Heaven with the Lord.
Reflections on sin and our need to repent and embrace God’s generous love for us.
- Rooted in Our Hearts
- We Can Always Come Home – no matter how bad our sin is, the Father is always watching and waiting for us to come Home.
Reflections on some of the more “mysterious” aspects of the Faith.
- The Eucharist
- The Trinity
- Mystery of the Family
- My Brother Lazarus – we encounter Jesus during his miracle of raising Lazarus from the dead as seen through the eyes of Lazarus’ sister Martha.
Reflections for when we are unsure of what to do.
The Word of God
Reflections about the Word of God.
Advent Special Series
- Advent – Introduction
- Advent – Week 1 – Food
- Advent – Week 2 – Trees
- Advent – Week 3 – Lights
- Advent – Week 4 – Stockings